Wednesday 6 June 2007

Sad news

Sad news yesterday, Sue's Mom died suddenly following a heart attack. She was aged 87 and living in a home in Bridgewater, Somerset. She felt unwell and a doctor sent her to hospital where it happened. She was very frail and for the last couple of years had been quite looking forward to the end. Her faith saw her expect to be reunited with Sue's dad Stan. Sylvie had made all the arrangements for her funeral so besides going down on Friday to collect Death Certificates for the Funeral Directors it was a matter of phoning relatives and friends with the news.

The Council meeting was a long drawn-out but rather lanquid affair. The chamber was very warm and the opposition quite feeble. Even Sir Albert cleared off half way through and they got even worse.
I got in with a question about a leaflet put out by Labour in Weoley Castle accusing the Conservative councillors of spending money on clearing litter, fly-tipping and grafitti. This got quite a laugh and the Labour councillor for Weoley interrupted which left me with an open goal.I duly smashed the ball home but refrained from pulling my shirt over my head and running around the chamber.

I'm sorry if I do not sound too broken up about my Mother-in-law but she was a very difficult woman and even her own family said this was a release for her. She was very frail with several ailments and she really was looking forward to the end.

No comments: