Tuesday 22 January 2008

Oops!

It seems I (Keith) got it wrong yesterday when talking about Sue & Ken's trip to the Town Hall with kids from Colmers School. I said the DVD they had made was about the forthcoming visit to NYC. This was in fact a project about knife crime. There was also a rock group afterwards, made up of pupils. I can only excuse myself by saying that there is so much excellent stuff coming out of the school that it can be difficult to keep up. That's my excuse anyway.
Some ructions at the Parish Council last night. I don't know if there are some political overtones creeping in to what is supposed to be an apolitical body. It would be a pity as the Council do a great deal of good work for everyone on Frankley and it would be a pity if party political point scoring were to interfere with that. Of course there is an election coming up and someone may be getting a little worried about the result. Is that the sound of a penny dropping?

Today we have to attend the funeral of a good friend and Party member who died tragically over Christmas. We can only hope that this will be the last of the terrible events we have seen lately.